Whale Agency is hiring a front-end developer to put wicked websites together and code life into killer campaigns.
As a Frontend Whale, you will be responsible for building the brainchildren of our clients, producing work for various businesses within various in the Netherlands and beyond.
Your work will cover a wide range of projects that engage with HTML, CSS and some JS. If you are eager to push the boundaries of what is possible with these technologies, you should join us here at Whale Agency.
- Hands-on development of websites, which includes development of web pages using HTML/CSS based on wireframes and visual designs, and implementation of commercial and open source web technologies
- Turn design files(Sketch, PS) into animated, responsive web pages using HTML5, CSS3 and/or Web-based animation tools
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Work closely with team as advisor to help guide project scope
- Create re-usable components and code snippets
- Thoroughly test your work on multiple browsers and mobile devices
- Demonstrate effective communication with fellow team members and management
- Rapidly prototype ideas in order to learn what works and how to elevate concepts to the next level
- 2+ years of experience in front-end development
- Strong proficiency with HTML5, CSS and some JS / jQuery
- Mid-level/advanced knowledge of SCSS.
- Knowledge of a front-end framework based workflow is a plus. We work with Zurb’s Foundation.
- Familiarity with GIT
- Any knowledge/experience with Liquid syntax is a huge plus
- Experience testing and debugging work on multiple browsers & screen sizes
- You also have experience with animations and responsive web development.
- Crucially, you know how to turn all of your competencies into lucid code that both your coworkers and web browsers can understand.
- Understanding of the basics of MVC
- Experience with SCRUM is a plus
Join us at the Frontend
If you’re hot on joining our team in Arnhem, we’d love to hear from you. In return for your commitment to craft and code, we offer money, a fun working environment and respect.
Please pay attention to the requirements for this role and accompany your application with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Whale for the job. Also, include your desired and contact Nikolay Bonev at email@example.com
About Whale Agency
Whale is an independent, full service digital creative agency based in Arnhem, the Netherlands. We are user-centric, passionate and care about providing an open, respectful and non-judgemental work environment where its team members can be themselves. The common denominator among all team members is passion and admiration for the web. We believe that each company has a story to tell. These stories are inspiring and motivating to us. We love to envision ways to share these stories in the medium that we are most active in, the digital world. Whale Agency was founded in 2012 by Nikolay Bonev and Carlos Virreira. Do you want to know more how to be a Whale, just visit our website or send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org)