What is remarketing?
At its core, re-marketing is the process of tagging your site visitors and targeting them with content after they leave your site, in an effort to reengage them and bring them back to your site.
Re-marketing gives you the opportunity to appear in front of people who have already expressed an interest in your website. They could be checking their email, reading the news, watching a YouTube video … and there you are, with something new and awesome to show them. It could be a reminder to complete an action they had started, or a new piece of content to further a buying decision, and so on.
– Remarketing provides the opportunity to:
– Turn bounced website visitors into leads.
– Increase brand recall (and thus increase branded searches).
– Increase repeat visitor rates and engagement.
– Increase the effectiveness of search engine optimization (SEO) and content marketing.
According to Forrester Research, 96% of people who visit a website leave without completing the action the marketer would have liked them to take. Remarketing gives you a second chance to make that first impression (and even a third, and a fourth). We can’t afford to be forgettable — we have to make our content more sticky.